Thursday, June 25, 2009

Shut Down


Tonight, while practicing at the bus center, the police came to make us leave since they had received complaints from people in the neighborhood. This happens every now and then so it seems like the other breakdancers don't really take them seriously and keep practicing here (luckily) - there really isn't any other place to practice in the area.


While we were packing our stuff up and the policeman was just standing there waiting for us, my friend pointed out that I was from Hawaii. The policeman looked at me and gave me and the rest of the guys a look like "are you guys messing with me or what?" Not wanting to get the policeman angry or anything, I told him I was, first in Japanese, and then in English. He came around.

Maybe next time it happens, I'll try to see how long I can go on convincing them that I'm American by speaking in Japanese before they realize my Japanese is weird and believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment