Sunday, February 15, 2009

English is actually a difficult language to learn

Here are some of the more interesting short answers I was checking the other week at school. These are from the 9th graders at one of my schools. I think it's pretty interesting how people will say things in the language they're learning that they wouldn't normally say in their own native language. I guess part of it is from the fact that their vocabulary and grammar is limited; it works the same way with me when I (try to) speak Japanese.

"What do you want to be/do in the future?"
"Do you like English?"
I'm also amazed at how nice the students' handwriting is. The 2nd short answer was written by a boy who has bad handwriting when compared to his classmates; it still beats mine. I am constantly aiming to get my handwriting up to the level of that of my students. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment