Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day is for weenies

...so say some people. (:

Valentine's Day has never really been special to me, nor is it now, but since coming to Japan, I've been able to enjoy it particularly due to Japan's custom of girls giving guys chocolates or presents on Valentine's Day.

Last year, Kojima-san's girlfriend and her daughter came to the bus center when we were practicing (on v-day) and gave me, Shohei, Takanori, and Maa-kun (Masayuki) these plush frogs, some chocolate, and cards. The awesome thing about those plush frogs is that they're acutally speakers!


Last year, I returned the favor on White Day (March 14th) by giving them a bunch of gummy bears and random American candy that I found at a Spencer's type store at a local mall. I think the time coincided with when I received a care package from home, too, so I was able to throw some things in from Hawaii, too.

This year, Kazue came by and gave us hair wax from their salon, Bagus Hair. Kojima-san put a link to my blog on his site by the way. I'm there as "ワイハのDaryllくんのジャポン日記." :) They're a really cool and fun couple!


Apart from that, my Valentine's Day weekend consisted of:

a breakdance battle,

eating gyu-don at suki-ya by myself after breaking practice hehe


some hiking,

and some drawing.

Nice and chill!

No comments:

Post a Comment